Directed by Kwak Gyeong-taek (곽경택)
Screenplay by Kwak Gyeong-taek (곽경택)100min | Release date in South Korea : 2003/07/16
Chul-min's family consists of himself, his police detective father, his sick mother, and a dog. Chul-min calls the dog 'Mutt', but his father calls Chul-min 'Mutt'. The dog is Chul-min's best friend. He doesn't cry when his mom dies, but he does get furious when his dog is eaten by the older boys in his soccer club. He takes his revenge, but his father's patrol car awaits him. Although he now must live on his own, Chul-min wins renown as the one who beat up 21 people all by himself. Many of the town's thugs start to hang around Chul-min, fascinated by him, and he becomes a leader of small-time gangsters.
International Film Festivals
2004 NatFilm Festival,
2004 Cleveland International Film Festival,
2005 Filmasia Film Festival , Focus on Korea
2003 Vancouver International Film Festival ,
2003 The Times BFI London Film Festival,
2005 Titanic Budapest International Filmfestival, Eastern Ports
2004 International Film Festival of Asia Pacific countries in Vladivostok, Special Vision
|100 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
- Music video
- On the set video
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the Week