Directed by Lee Chang-dong (이창동)
Screenplay by Lee Chang-dong (이창동)132min | Release date in South Korea : 2002/08/15
Jong-du, who has three previous convictions, pays a visit to the family of the victim in the hit-and run accident for which he served time and meets Gong-ju, the daughter, who has cerebral palsy. Jong-du is fascinated by her at first sight and visits her again when he knows she is alone. Trying to reassure and pacify the terrified young woman, he loses control and tries to rape her, stopping only when she faints. But he has left his workshop phone number in her room, and Gong-ju knows where to find him. To Jong-du's amazement, she calls him and invites him to visit her again. Over a series of clandestine meetings, the handicapped young woman and the feckless young man come to fall in love with each other. However their love is not one that is understood by anyone else.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
Blu-ray (First Press Limited Edition) (En Sub)
DVD HK (En Sub)
DVD 2-disc Special Edition (En Sub)
DVD (HK) (En Sub)
DVD (En Sub)
|Brandon Fincher / KFC...||2004/01/22|
|Lee Marshall in Venice / Screen International ...||2004/01/22|
|CJ Entertainment (CJ Entertainment)|
|132 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
- On the set video
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week