Directed by Kwak Gyeong-taek (곽경택)
Screenplay by Kang Pool (강풀)104min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/09/07
Renowned as a natural-born storyteller, star webcomic illustrator Kang Pool’s body of work has long provided a source of fresh material for the film industry. “Painted” is the latest in a long line of works that have gone from cartoon to screen, including “Love Story” (2004), “BA:BO” (2008), “A.P.T” (2006), “29 Years” (2009, cancelled) and “Late Blossom” (2011).
After losing his family when he was young, Nam-soon (Kwon Sang-woo) feels no pain. He cannot feel physical pain and is emotionally barren until he meets Dong-hyun (Jeong Ryeo-won), who calls herself a vampire because she suffers from hemophilia. Unlike Dong-hyun, when Nam-soon is injured, she bleeds from even the smallest wound. As the two grow closer, Dong-hyun suddenly begins to lose his lifelong insensitivity to pain and the hurt of a lifetime washes over him.
Kwon Sang-woo is known for his role in the 2010 war movie “71-Into the Fire” and the 2003 comedy “My Tutor Friend.” Jeong Ryeo-won rose to fame in the TV soap opera “My Name is Kim Sam-soon” in 2005. The film is directed by Kwang Gyeong-taek, who is best known for the 2001 hit “Friend.”
30s Love Pain
Kwak Gyeong-taek and Kang Pool Interview
Kang Pool Poster
Poster Making Of
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the Week