2007 APM (aka. PPP) Project
Once having worked as director and assistant director, the two directors now come together in this ‘relay movie’ about an immoral liaison. The title is not the only provocative part about this movie. So is the actual narrative and level of expressions. It is comparable in many ways with [From Seoul to Varanasi], from its perspective on immorality to the way it captures the naked body, but it is completely different in style and flavor. Unlike [From Seoul to Varanasi], which is suggestive yet frankly honest, this movie is more of a comic melodrama, with an erotic touch here and there.
The well thought out vacation plans of an immoral couple is ruined when the husband’s wife joins in. It is truly a damned vacation([Red Vacance], Kim Tae-sik). As a professor, he officiated the wedding of his lover and student. That night, she does not go to her honeymoon, but visits him([Black Wedding], Park Chul-soo). The movie is structured in an experimental manner, mixing fiction and documentary, but the simple and frank straightforwardness in the performances is unexpectedly refreshing. The impassioned performance of the forever supporting actor Jo Sun-mook, who this time plays the role of the man in both episodes, is worthy of a ‘rediscovery’. (JEON Chanil)
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
53rd Baeksang Arts Awards 2017