Directed by Choi Hyeon-mook (최현묵)98min | Release date in South Korea : 2009/05/21
Dokdo is an easternmost isle of Korea, but Korea’s sovereignty over the isle has been challenged during its long history. This film portrays people who love this isle and their efforts in informing Dokdo to the world. From a daily life of an old man, KIM Sung-do, who lives on Dokdo with his wife, to an elementary school girl who sends letters to foreign friends to explain about Dokdo, this impressive film describes the affection of ordinary people on the islet. This also depicts a significant event, in which SEO Kyung-duk, a Korean PR expert, bring together 6,000 participants to hand-paints the national flag of Korea, and then float it on the East Sea East to promote Dokdo
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
Kim Jang-hoon's Narration
Kim Jang-hoon's Support Message
|98 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.