Directed by Jeong Jae-eun (정재은)95min | Release date in South Korea : 2012/03/08
Chung Guyon is a second-generation Korean modern architecture. By implementing the Miracle Library Project for children in six major metropolitan cities nationwide for instance, he confronts and fights society, displaying his indefatigable will to build a better one through architecture. While following the steps he and his pupils take to prepare an exhibition at Ilmin Museum of Art, [Talking Architect] portrays the intersecting paths between architecture and society, architecture and life, and architecture and architecture. The show could be his last following cancer surgery, but Chung still makes an earnest attempt at another cultura‘l revolution’: unveiling a place for architectural communication, not simply to set up an exhibition that deals with architecture to be looked at by visitors. The effort is tri-fold: to trace his life, the revelation of his architectural philosophy, and to consider the process of picturing the aspects of a human being facing death. This documentary is as complex as Chung’s exhibition and career. In fact Talking Architect evokes sympathy and response in a very retrospective fashion. (LEE Seungmin)
Music Video 'Miracle'
|Naver Blog (네이버 블로그)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week