Directed by Jo Beom-goo (조범구)
Screenplay by Park Su-jin (박수진)104min | Release date in South Korea : 2006/06/24
For the teenagers who live on the northern part of the Han River in Seoul, the southern area is the land of wealth and opportunity. Ik-soo and his two friends are high school students in the northern area who live without any special hopes. When his mother dies unexpectedly, Ik-soo receives a small inheritance. He and his two friends move to the southern part with hopeful dreams. The southern neighborhood, however, is heartless to them. Ik-soo falls in love with a woman and spends quite a bit of his inheritance on paying her debt. He also has to take care of his two friends whenever they get into trouble. Eventually, he spends all his money and moves back to the northern area.
International Film Festivals
2004 9th Pusan International Film Festival, Korean Panorama
KOFIC Production Support for Independent Digital Feature Films 2003
KOFIC Marketing Support for Art Films 2004
|104 min •DV •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week