Directed by Byeon Seung-wook (변승욱)
Screenplay by Jang Yoon-mi (장윤미)
•Fear106min | Release date in South Korea : 2011/07/07
"The Cat: Eyes that Sees Death"
An unlikely protagonist slinks around in “The Cat,” which follows So-yeon (Park Min-yeong), a pet groomer who suffers from claustrophobia stemming from a childhood experience.
One day, one of So-yeon’s customers dies on the elevator, leaving her cat Bi-dan behind. The mystery of who killed the woman on the elevator is unknown, and the cat is the only witness. As the police begin their investigation, they ask So-yeon to take care of Bi-dan. But something strange happens to So-yeon from the day she brings Bi-dan home.
So-yeon starts having nightmares in which she sees a little girl who keeps coming back to haunt her dreams. Afraid and unsure of what this might mean, So-yeon starts investigating the mystery of the cat and the death of its owner when her closest friend, who has also recently gotten a cat, dies.
The film was invited to participate in the 64th Cannes Film Festival Film Market, where its distribution rights were sold to three companies in Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei.
Critics at Cannes said that the movie is scary yet fascinating and ultimately appealing.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
Foreign Promo Teaser
On the set video
Music Video 'Acrobat Girl' by W&WHALE
Park Min-yeong's Video Message
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.