Directed by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)
Screenplay by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)94min | Release date in South Korea : 2002/11/22
One night at the military patrol zone, a drunken couple, Mee-young and Young-kil, are making love and Private KANG spots them. He becomes riddled with fear and shoots his automatic rifle in no time, and the man gets shredded into pieces by bullets and grenades. Heedless of Private KANG's trauma, he's got award of a period of leave for catching a spy. After returning to the unit, KANG's behavior becomes more and more violent, and later becomes discharged by a mental disorder. But KANG can't stay away from the unit. Meanwhile, having witnessed the gruesome death of her lover, Mee-young goes mad and mistakes any man around the base for her lover. The soldiers take advantage of her one by one, and her trauma worsens. The beautiful coastline becomes a living nightmare for everyone as Private KANG and Mee-young wreck havoc around the shores.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|LJ Film (LJ 필름)|
|Korea Pictures (Korea Pictures)|
|94 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85) •Dolby SRD|
- On the set video
|US $ 1 million|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
- - (2002)
- Helsinki Int'l Film Festival - (2003)
- - (2003)
- - (2003)
- - (2003)
- Umea Int'l Film Festival - (2003)
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama
Drama of the week