Directed by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)
Screenplay by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)82min | Release date in South Korea : 2000/04/22
The Isle is a remote fishing ground where people go to forget their deepest problems. Hee-jin, the groundkeeper, lives there alone selling supplies, food and drinks, and sometimes her own body, to the fishermen. One day, Hyeon-sik, an ex-cop who killed his lover after discovering her affair, arrives there looking for a place to hide. He tries to commit suicide with his pistol, but Hee-jin stops him. The incident brings them together, and a strange relationship begins to form between the two. The police eventually come looking for Hyeon-sik, and this time he tries to kill himself by swallowing fish-hooks. And once again, Hee-jin saves him from the fishhooks and the police, and they begin to share an intimate relationship. The sex is like narcotics to him, who is suffering from extreme pain, both physical and mental. However, when he cannot stand the isolation any longer, he decides to leave only to realize that he is bound by her and her fishing ground. They are like two fish baited by and hooked to each other.
|Review by ACDrifter.com...||2005/02/12|
http://www.acdrifter.com/?page=Review&movie=The%20Isle ( English ) | Close
|Myung Film (명필름)|
|82 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.