Directed by Lee Jae-gyoo (이재규)
Screenplay by Choi Seong-hyeon (최성현)135min | Release date in South Korea : 2014/04/30
Formerly known as "The King's Wrath"
"The Fatal Encounter" is focusing on the story of politically embattled King Jeongjo (nicknamed the King of Misfortune), his dedicated servant Sang-chaek, and nefarious courtiers and assassins.
As the year 1777 opens, King Jeongjo enters the second year of his reign, which is consistently under threat from the opposing Noron and Soron factions. To successfully defend his royal power, Jeongjo draws upon his stores of courage and relies heavily on his loyal servant Sang-chaek. In a shocking twist, Sang-chaek turns out to be an assassin who was sent into service in order to kill Jeongjo. After witnessing King Jeongjo's capacity to justly rule the people, however, Sang-chaek comes clean about his true identity, and is banished from the court. As he leaves the palace, however, his eye catches sight of Sal-soo, the deadliest assassin in Joseon. Sang-chaek frantically returns to the court, only to find Sal-soo locked in combat with Jeongjo
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
Blu-ray (Limited Edition) (En Sub)
DVD 2-Disc (Normal Edition) (En Sub)
Blu-ray HK (En Sub)
DVD HK (En Sub)
DVD (2-Disc) (First Press Limited Edition) (En Sub)
Production Report Conference
Movie Talk Live
Enjoy the Video a Hundred Times (Making)
|Lotte Entertainment (롯데엔터테인먼트)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.