Directed by Sohn Young-sung (손영성)
Screenplay by Sohn Young-sung (손영성)90min | Release date in South Korea : 2009/06/18
Classmates reunite at the funeral of their history teacher, Sang-tae, and talk about his bizarre life. their recollections produce another story, and the cycle of the stories reorganizes the relationship, and lead to the labyrinth of the narration. the director SOHn young-sung, shakes the boundary between the stories, and between life and death, as it is known that he is interested in Jorge Luis Borges. the new approach to the narration is the major topic among young filmmakers in Korea. From the perspective of Korean film history, the “disappearance of narration” first suggested by HOnG Sangsoo has been studied more deeply since. In this film "the Pit and the Pendulum", SOHn’s unique sense of humor and wittiness is presented without any constraints of time or place through his clever words. the existence of a ghost at the funeral is also one of
the charms of this film.
International Film Festival
2008 Pusan International Film Festival, Korean Cinema today-Vision
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|90 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week