Directed by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)
Screenplay by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)108min | Release date in South Korea : 1998/04/04
It's another hot humid summer in Seoul and a trip to the mountain and temples of Kangwon province could be just the thing to revive the spirit in the aftermath of a breakup. On the rebound from a love affair with Sang-kwon, her married university professor, Ji-sook joins two girlfriends on a trip to Kangwon province. Although Ji-sook is the only woman he's ever loved, Sang-kwon seems to have moved on and is now searching for a tenured position. His trip to Kangwon province coincides with Ji-sook's, and up in the mountains, they are brushed with the same tragedy. Both also have drunken spats with friends and indulge in joyless flirtations. Ji-sook meets a friendly policeman she later returns to visit and Sang-kwon, who has missed a rendezvous with a beautiful woman, ends up having unsatisfying sex with a prostitute. Ultimately, both leave Kangwon lonelier than ever.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|108 min •35mm|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama
Drama of the week