Directed by Kim Jee-woon (김지운)
Screenplay by Kim Jee-woon (김지운)103min | Release date in South Korea : 1998/04/25
After the father's dismissal from his company, a family decides to open a mountain lodge in the suburbs of Seoul. Although they initially expect a rush of lodgers, the mansion is empty for days. As a result, the family become nervous. Meanwhile, Mina(the youngest daughter)is upset by the strange noise at night and a strange old woman's ominous omen. At last, the first guest appears two weeks after their opening. Excited, the family pours excessive favors on him. However, the guest is found dead the next day, and the family buries him in a panic to avoid any risk of ruining their business. The next guests are a couple who commit a double suicide and consequently, the family buries them again. About the time when the family gets accustomed to digging, they realize that the bodies will be torn up by the advanced walk-road construction scheduled beside their lodge. To make things worse, the family becomes involved in a conspiracy plotted by the head of the village.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Myung Film (명필름)|
|103 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
53rd Baeksang Arts Awards 2017