'Reason' transmits social messages 2011/11/10, Source, Song Hye-kyo appears in a scene from "A Reason to Live", a film that marks the return of director Lee Jeong-hyang. / Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment
By Ryu Seung-jin
It appears "A Reason to Live" has also succumbed to the so-called "BIFF curse" - films that premiere at the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) have mostly failed on general release. The film's weighty theme of capital punishment and absolution may have deterred some moviegoers, but it also suffered from distribution problems. The few theaters that showed the film alternated screenings with other works,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.