Directed by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)
Screenplay by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)87min | Release date in South Korea : 2004/05/05
On a very cold winter morning, two friends meet after many years. Hunjoon who has just got back from USA after his film studies and Munho, a part time lecturer at a university, reminisce over the past, drinking in a Chinese restaurant. Hours of drinking and talks, mixed with the recollections of the past bring them back the memory of a woman. A woman they both were romancing during the same period of time.
After wandering in their own version of reminiscence, they decided to find and meet her, who turns out to be running a hotel lobby bar in Puchon, a satellite city near Seoul. The woman, Sunhwa, without showing much emotion upon their appearance, asks them to wait in front of her apartment. When she returns, they begin a decadent drinking party till the daybreak.
|87 min •35mm|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
- Cannes Festival - (2004)
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week