We've been living in Hokkaido for 7000 years.
We are the Ainu people who live nature and music.
The Ainu people are a minority group in Japan with deep eyes, sharp noses, dark eyelids, and a lot of hair. The Ainu wanted to keep their traditional way of life, but the Japanese government oppressed and persecuted them, denying their existence. But there are about 20000 Ainu living in Hokkaido. The Ainu formed a group that raps and sings to reveal their identity and discrimination. They prepare a performance to raise awareness for their culture and to make their dreams come true.
Their performance to change the biased world begins!
Tip: Ainu people?
The Ainu people have lived in Japan Hokkaido, Russia Sakhalin, and the Kuril islands for the past 7000 years. The Meiji government forbade the customs of the Ainu and forced them to move, took their land, and forced assimilation. They were oppressed for a long time because of their different appearances and customs. Thus, the traditional culture has been destroyed and their numbers decreased. There are about 20000 Ainu living in Hokkaido, and a few are direct descendants.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
53rd Baeksang Arts Awards 2017