Scene from "G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra" [Paramount Pictures]
Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun may be headed to establishing firmer ground in Hollywood.
Paramount Pictures, the creators of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra", has reportedly decided to give Lee's character Storm Shadow more weight in the second installment of the action flick set for release in 2012.
Paramount judged that the Korean actor contributed much to the success of the first pic and are developing on the stories surrounding Storm Shadow.
His agency BH Entertainment however, said they do not know as of yet how important Lee's role will be since the screenplay for the movie is not been complete.
Filming for the sequel of the movie based on the Hasbro toy line is set to start in August.
Lee, 39, has starred in numerous dramas and movies since his debut in 1991. He is considered one of the best actors in Korea, having won numerous awards including the grand prize at major broadcaster KBS' Acting Awards ceremony last year for his role in hit TV series "IRIS".
He made his Hollywood debut through "G.I. Joe" and starred in Franco-Vietnamese pic "I Come with the Rain" alongside actors Josh Hartnett and Takuya Kimura last year.
Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok email@example.com
Editor : Lucia Hong firstname.lastname@example.org
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.