Top Korean actor Lee Byung-hun has joined the cast of a new thriller film by famed director Kim Jee-woon, according to Lee's agency BH Entertainment on Thursday.
An official at BH explained that Lee is set to star in the film -- titled "I Saw the Devil" -- although the actor has not finished signing the contract as of yet.
Famed actor Choi Min-sik of Cannes award-winning director Park Chan-wook's film "Old Boy" had already confirmed his appearance in the movie, set to start filming next month.
Lee will play the role of a man who plots revenge against a psychopath killer, played by Choi, after his girlfriend gets murdered.
Kim has directed several notable films including "A Tale of Two Sisters" (2003) and the critically-acclaimed "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" (2008).
Lee, 39, has starred in numerous television dramas and films including Kim Jee-woon's "A Bittersweet Life" (2005) and "The Good, the Bad, the Weird". Choi has appeared in more than a dozen Korean movies, most notably "Old Boy"(2003) and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance"(2005).
Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok email@example.com
Editor : Lynn Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
[PHOTO] Song Seung-heon receives award for Hallyu efforts
Actor Song Seung-heon [Park Sung-ki/Asia Economic Daily] Actor Song Seung-heon receives a ministe,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.