Female pop singer Lee Eun- mi will host the second season of MBC's hit audition show "I'm a Singer", the broadcaster announced Thursday.
Given her relative inexperience, the decision was unexpected especially compared to the first season hosted by Lee So-ra and Yoon Do-hyeon. These two singers and then contestants had hosted several gigs before, unlike Lee.
"We were impressed with her style of talking that was both comforting and effortless", said the creative director of "I'm a Singer".
"After the opening show (on Sunday when she was a temporary replacement), we asked her persistently, insisting that she take the job, and she finally accepted this morning".
During the Sunday show, the season opener, Lee Eun- mi sang her hit "Nocturne" and remained on stage to introduce her 11 co-stars: singers Lee Soo-young, JK Kim Dong-wook, Lee Young-hyeon, Park Mi-kyung, Kim Gun-mo, Park Sang-min, Park Wan-kyu, Jung In and Jung Yup as well as rock band Baekdusan.
Her emceeing style was widely praised, drawing comparisons to her predecessors. Comedians Park Myung-soo and Noh Hong-chul will join her as co-hosts.
"I'm A Singer" pits active veteran singers against each other in a competitive format. The show created controversy about the elimination process and criteria when it made its debut last year, but has quickly garnered high ratings.
By Kwaak Je-yup
Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr/...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week