Singer Lee Hyori (32) went to India with the international development and relief agency World Vision to hold volunteer activities, World Vision said on July 15. A person from World Vision said, "Lee Hyori had gone to Mumbai's slum called Dharavi from July 4 to 9 and visited a girl's house in the slum to deliver a present and to spend some time together with her.
The girl goes to the 'Street Children Support Center', which is operated by World Vision. Lee also visited Mumbai's public school system and drew pictures together with children and served their meals during lunch time. Lee Hyori found out that some children did not have any lunch boxes, so she decided to present 3,500 lunch boxes to the whole school. Lee had supported a child named Tulsi (4) since last winter through World Vision and she met Tulsi in Mumbai by inviting her to Mumbai. She learned the local language phrases meaning 'You Are so pretty' and 'I love you', and she spent a pleasant time with Tulsi".
The person continued, "Lee Hyori did not put on any make up during the volunteering. She came to Mumbai with only a few belongings and she ate local food without complaining and revealed her easygoing personality the entire time". Lee Hyori is now supporting ten children in Korea and ten children overseas through World Vision.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama