Official poster for TV series "Personal Taste" [MBC]
According to an industry source on Thursday, the MBC Wednesday-Thursday drama has been sold to United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Jordan, Venezuela and Mexico.
"These countries are very interested in Lee Min-ho's exotic looks in particular", the source was quoted as saying. "They are even asking if he is really Korean".
He also added that Lee is "likely to further solidify his position as a major Hallyu influence during the latter half of the year" as the overseas broadcast could bring about a new generation of Korean Wave craze, even if the series had only sold for a moderate price.
Lee, 22, became a household name in Korea and throughout Asia last year with the success of KBS drama "Boys over Flowers".
Reporter : Park Kun-ouc kun1112@
Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week