The 40-year-old gave natural birth to a girl and boy, around 10:30 a.m. at Cheil Hospital, Seoul, her agency Storm S Company announced Monday. The babies are fraternal twins.
"The mother and babies are healthy", said the agency.
The movie star had been off the public radar since starring in Park Chan-wook's 2005 award-winning film "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance", and surprised fans by secretly marrying a Korean-American businessman, Jeong Ho-young, in August 2009.
In September that year, Lee entered Hanyang University to pursue graduate studies and had been working toward a doctorate degree in theater and film.
Last April, the actress made headlines when she and her husband were spotted attending a basketball game in Seoul. The couple was photographed sitting in VIP seats for the Korean Basketball League match between the Ulsan Mobis Phoebus and Jeonju KCC at Jamsil Gymnasium.
Lee rose to international stardom by playing a lady of the court, Jang-geum, in the period TV drama "Dae Jang Geum".
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.