A scene from film "I Saw the Devil" [Showbox]
Magnet Releasing, Magnolia Pictures' genre film label, has bought the North American rights to Korean director Kim Jee-woon's thriller "I Saw the Devil", the film's distributor Showbox announced on Friday.
"'I Saw the Devil' is one of the most riveting and unrelenting films I've ever seen", Magnet's senior vice president Tom Quinn was quoted as saying.
The film is aiming for a North America release during the first quarter of next year, Showbox added.
"I Saw the Devil", also set to compete at the upcoming San Sebastian International Film Festival, had been pre-sold to France, England, Taiwan and Turkey at this year's Cannes film market.
Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Yoon Sang-hyeon to hold special fan meeting in Japan
Korean actor Yoon Sang-hyeon [MGB Entertainment] Korean singer and actor Yoon Sang-hyeon will hol,...More
"Bread, Love and Dreams" makes proud exit on small screen
"My Girlfriend is Gumiho", "Naughty Kiss", "Bread, Love and Dreams" [SBS, MBC, KBS] KBS' baking d,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.