If Suzy of girl group Miss A wasn't most guy's dream date before starring in her debut film "Architecture 101", which was released on March 22, she most probably is now. The movie drew over 2 million viewers last Saturday in just 17 days of its release to climb among the top five films at the domestic box office so far this year.
The 18-year-old suffered critics' ire when she launched her acting career with the drama "Dream High", and many dismissed her as just another young singer trying to migrate over to television without possessing the requisite talent. However, as she proves in her big screen debut, she has enough charm and dedication to her craft to pull it off.
Suzy said she rehearsed her lines tirelessly and did not hesitate to seek advice from the director and senior actors to ensure she fully got to grips with her character. Her hard work seems to have paid off as she has now attracted a wider fan base including more male fans.
"I can feel my fan base is becoming more diverse as I get a lot of older male followers on my Twitter account", she said.
She said she wants to become recognized as a talented actress by accumulating more life experience and drawing on this to play a diverse range of roles.
However, the apparently inexhaustible teen star said she has no intention to give up her life as a singer. She even found time to practice her choreographed dance moves or hit the gym after wrapping up the day's shooting for "Architecture 101" at dawn.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.