Movie poster of Korean thriller "Moss" [CJ Entertainment]
Korean thriller "Moss" made its debut atop the local box office this weekend, stealing the top spot from the latest "Twilight Saga" installment.
Figures from the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) released on Monday showed that "Moss", which was released on July 15, attracted 845,868 viewers during the weekend of July 16 to 18.
It is about how Ryoo Hae-gook, played by Park, is at a village for his father's funeral while also trying to figure out the cause of his father's death but the village people want him out of their lives.
Vampire threequel "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse", starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, dropped a notch to second place with 397,496 viewers after a mere one-week reign on the box office, while "Shrek Forever after" also slipped one spot to No. 3 with 289,638 admissions.
Korean war film "71-Into the Fire" came in fourth with 186,368 admits and "Knight & Day" fell down two slots to fifth place selling 184,249 tickets.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
"Bread, Love and Dreams" tops TV charts once again
Drama poster of "Bread, Love and Dreams" [KBS] KBS weekday drama "Bread, Love and Dreams" topped ,...More
[ChanMi's star news] Song Seung-heon bowed to Thai princess
Song Seung-heon had an interview with Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, and Jo Han-seon,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.