Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The movie deals with the harsh reality of adjusting to life in South Korea from the point of view of a North Korean defector, and serves as a bitter portrayal of the prejudices he faces in his newly adopted home.
The festival, which is celebrating its 12th anniversary, has a long history of screening South Korean films. This year especially, Kim Ki-duk's "ARIRANG - Movie" served as the curtain raiser, while Heo Jong-ho's "Countdown" and Juhn Jai-hong's "Poongsan" along with "The Journals of Musan" were invited to the competition category.
Park's movie has won 16 awards at major film festivals around the world since it premiered at the Busan International Film Festival last year.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.