The number of tourists to Mt. Baekdu, situated in the peninsula's far north has passed the 1 million mark for the first time last year.
China's Mt. Baedu management committee reported that a total of about 1.4 million tourists visited Mt. Baekdu last year a 60 percent increase from that of 2010.
Consequently, tourism revenue for 2011 has also jumped more than 75 percent from a year earlier to 370-million Yuan, or roughly 60 million U.S. dollars.
It cited the increase of tourists to various festivities organized to promote the moutain resort and expansion of air route from Shanghai to Mt. Baekdu.
Source : www.arirang.co.kr/New...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Incheon Airport Lauded for World's Best Service for 7th Year
Incheon International Airport has ranked top in the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) survey for the s,...More
Extravagant Weddings Have to Stop
Parents from low or middle-income households whose children are preparing to get married are under increasing pressure as weddings become ever more extravagant. A wedding at a top-notch hotel in Seoul costs W100 million (US$1=W1,124) including meals for 300 guests. And the floral decorations cost te,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.