An international documentary film festival will begin its seven-day run in the demilitarized zone on Friday. In its fourth year, "DMZ Docs" is being co-hosted by Gyeonggi Province and Paju city.
The opening ceremony will be held in Dorasan Station in the civilian control zone. It will be attended by Governor Kim Moon-su, also head of the organizing committee, actor Cho Jae-hyun, executive committee chair, and the boy band 2AM, who are serving as promotional ambassadors.
Other attendees include director Kim Ki-duk, who won the Golden Lion award for best picture at this year's Venice International Film Festival with his latest film "Pieta", and starring actors Jo Min-soo and Lee Jeong-jin. The director has visited the festival every year since it was inaugurated.
The opening British film "Ping Pong" portrays a global table tennis competition for the elderly.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
LG Heats Up Smartphone War with Release of Optimus G
LG Electronics vice president Park Jong-suk (center) shows the Optimus G smartphones at the ,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the week