Park Chan-wook, who rose to fame with "JSA - Joint Security Area" in 2000, won the Grand Prix at Cannes 2004 with "Old Boy" and captured the Jury Prize at Cannes 2009 with "Thirst", is in the news this week for his newest film. It's a 30-minute short entitled "Night Fishing" ("Paranmanjang" translates to "Ups and Downs") - and shot entirely on Apple's iPhone#.
Reportedly made on a budget of $130,000, the fantasy-horror movie was co-financed by wireless operator KT Corp. and made in collaboration with Park's brother, Park Chan-kyong. According to news reports, it will be exhibited at nine theaters in Korea in late January.
Read more about this on The Wall Street Journal's Korea Real Time blog.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Korean Cultural Center to Open in Vienna at Year's End
A Korean cultural center will open in the Austrian capital of Vienna at the end of the year.
An association of South Koreans residing in Austria held a ceremony on Tuesday, with South Korea's Ambassador to Austria Shim Yoon-joe attending, to mark the building of the center.
The center will be ,...More
Japanese Fans Get Walk-on Parts in Popular Korean Drama
Yoon Sang-hyeon in scene from "Secret Garden" "Secret Garden", a hit TV drama by SBS starring Hye,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016Movies Nominees Most Popular Actor in a Movie Most Popular Actor in a Drama