He might not be as famous as some of the big names, but Park Ki-woong has appeared in many major films, not to mention commercials and soap operas.
In "The Slingshot", he plays a character who transforms from an autistic, isolated, emotionally troubled person into the best stock market analyst in the country. "I try to pay attention to every little detail, and give meaning to all the props to best represent the character", he says.
The most memorable work in his filmography, he says, was "My Tutor Friend Lesson II", where he played a starring role. "Although it wasn't commercially successful, the process of shooting that film was a really important turning point in my acting career", he recalls. "Every time I do film or soap opera, people tell me that I'm improving and that really means a lot to me and keeps me energized. Every time I hear such positive feedback, all I can think about is that this is my calling".
His determination and confidence could yet see him join the other Parks in "The Slingshot" in the big league.
"The Slingshot" takes a look at the society that is becoming increasingly materialistic and conflicts resulting from the worship of money.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.