Official movie poster of "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" [Walt Disney Pictures]
Hollywood action film "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" bowed onto the top of the Korean box office over the weekend, pushing back previous week's winner "How To Train Your Dragon" down the chart.
Figures by the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) released on Monday showed that the latest Walt Disney picture, which opened in theaters on May 27, brought in 636,261 admissions during May 28 to 30.
"Prince of Persia", based on a video game, is about a rogue prince and a princess who protect an ancient dagger which can release the Sands of Times, a gift from the gods that allows the owner of the sword the power to posses the world and turn back time.
The film stars A-list actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Sir Ben Kingsley and Gemma Arterton.
Meanwhile, DreamWorks' animated movie "How To Train Your Dragon", voiced by Jay Baruchel and Gerard Butler, fell down a spot from last week to second place with 382,844 admits, while Korean erotic thriller "The Housemaid - 2010" also dropped a slot to round out the top three movies with 165,448 tickets sold.
"Robin Hood" took fourth place with 119,619 admissions followed sequentially by "My Dear Desperado" with 118,173 moviegoers.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Big Bang scores triple win at Japan MTV Music Awards
Korean idol group Big Bang performing at their concert "2010 Big Show" held in Seoul on January 31,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.