Psy has been named singer of the year in a poll by Gallup Korea. In the survey of 4,157 people aged between 13 and 59 in all parts of the country except for Jeju Island, the rapper was named this year's most popular singer by 24.4 percent of respondents, followed by Girls' Generation (19.8 percent) and boy band Big Bang (9.5 percent).
Next came IU (6.9 percent), Jang Yoon-jung (6.6 percent) and girl band Sistar (6.4 percent). T-ara took seventh place with 5.5 percent, followed by BEAST (5.3 percent), Tae Jin-ah (5.2 percent) and Busker Busker (4.1 percent).
By age group, Big Bang was the most popular with teenage fans and Girls' Generation with 20-somethings. Those in their 30s to 50s picked the singer of "Gangnam Style" as their favorite, while he ranked as teenagers' No. 3 choice and was 20-somethings' No. 2 pick.
Busker Busker and Ailee were named male and female novice of the year, respectively.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
53rd Baeksang Arts Awards 2017