Psy's "Gangnam Style" ranked 64th on the U.S. Billboard's singles chart, The Billboard Hot 100, when it was updated on Thursday, the highest slot achieved by a Korean artist to date.
The previous record was set by Wonder Girls, who placed 76th with their song "Nobody" in October 2009.
Along with the Billboard 200, a chart for albums, the Billboard Hot 100, which ranks singles based on online and offline sales, is the most prestigious music chart in the U.S.
As Psy has yet to release an official album there, industry insiders forecast the song will keep on climbing.
Meanwhile, Psy was chosen as Koreans' favorite singer in a poll conducted by Gallup Korea on Thursday, placing first with 19 percent and beating Girls' Generation, who were voted the best act in Korea for a third consecutive year.
The respondents in the Gallup poll were able to choose multiple favorites.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
SES's Shoo To Star In Musical "Revival, The Golden Days"
Former SES member Shoo will soon be getting busy starring in a new musical,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the Week