Korea plans to establish a second site for preserving and restoring homegrown films by 2014, since the existing location in Seoul is already overflowing with materials, the national film archive said Friday.
The Korean Film Archive said during a news conference in Seoul that it will construct the second preservation center on land in the publishing town in Paju, some 50 kilometers northwest of Seoul, with a total budget of 33 billion won ($29 million).
Construction will begin next year and is scheduled for completion in 2014, it said.
The national archive currently holds 4,187 feature films that have been produced in Korea so far in the existing preservation center located in the archive building in western Seoul.
The new facility will be equipped with a film preservation vault, an archival processing facility, a small theater or a film library and an office.
The archive also said it plans to make some 70 Korean classic movies available on YouTube (www.youtube.com/koreanfilm) starting in May.
Google will help attach English subtitles to the movies, and seven of the 70 movies will be available in high definition. (Yonhap)
Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr/...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Model-Turned Actress Kim Si-Hyang Active: Ever More Popular among Men for Her Stunning Beauty
On the strengths of "Hallyu" or "Korean Wave" South Korea's entertainment industry is getting ever,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the week