The Seocho district in southern Seoul has the fastest Internet connection speed in the world. According to the district office on Sunday, the U.S website pandonetworks.com compared the connection speeds of countries around the world last year and found that part of Seoul to be the fastest at 33.5 megabits per second.
A total of eight Korean cities ranked among the top 10 with three in Gyeonggi Province taking the second to fourth place. Second was Suwon with 29.35 Mbps, followed by Ansan with 24.19 Mbps and Bucheon with 23.96 Mbps.
Algiers, Algeria had the slowest speed at 0.45 Mbps, and Brazilian cities accounted for six of the 10 slowest.
By country, Korea still ranked first with an average of 17.62 Mbps, followed by Romania (15.27 Mbps), Bulgaria (12.89 Mbps), Lithuania (11.7 Mbps) and Latvia (11.02 Mbps). Brazil ranked at the bottom with 0.84 Mbps. The findings were reported in the Economist magazine.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
South Korea Gains Popularity as MICE Tour Destination
Members of a Taiwanese volunteer organization have arrived in South Korea and are part of a growin,...More
Improved Tourism Policies for 2012
We visited a homestay house that provides lodging for Chinese and Taiwanese tourists. Homestays for foreign visitors are usually provided in apartment buildings or individual houses. To reduce any inconveniences that may arise due to run-down facilities or language barriers, local governments have,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.