Triple One on left
Photo Credit: The Chosun Ilbo
Korea's really moving up in the world – literally.
In a few years, Korea will boast the second-tallest building in the world in the international business district in Yongan. The only taller skyscraper will be the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
Named after its 111 stories, the Triple One will also rank as Korea's tallest building. Not only will it be tall, but it is also expected to the most expensive building in the world per square meter.
According to the Chosun Ilbo, the internationally-acclaimed architect behind the Triple One, Renzo Piano, described the design concept with the metaphor of a ballet troupe dancing in harmony.
Though it will mostly host office space, Triple One will also have a retail stores, a fitness center, a rooftop garden, an observatory and restaurants.
Its neighbors will include the Landmark Hotel (72 stories, 385 m), a six-star hotel and luxurious residences, as well as other office buildings like the Diagonal Tower (64 stories, 362 m) and Blade Tower (56 stories and 294 m).
The building is scheduled to be completed by December 2016.
Photo Credit: Business Week
Born and raised in the States, I came to Seoul in 2009 and have loved living and working in such a high-tech and connected city ever since. I enjoy collecting unique, cute gadgets/items (I have a bread-scented smartphone case!) and traveling around Korea. My personal mission while living in Korea: Try every type of Korean food known to exist.
- Follow @advancedtechkr Twitter
Source : www.advancedtechnolog...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Incheon airport named world's best for 7th year in a row
Incheon International Airport won the title of "Best Airport Worldwide" Thursday in Singapore from,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.