Korean actor So Ji-sub [51K]
Korean actor So Ji-sub will be honored with an award at the upcoming Daejong Film Awards, according to the Motion Pictures Association of Korea on Friday.
The 33-year-old actor will be recognized for the awareness he has created of Korean culture throughout Asia at the opening ceremony of the acclaimed film fest on September 25, to be held at the Seoul City Hall Plaza.
So's hit drama "Sorry, I Love You" and film "Rough Cut" had been shown in several countries in Asia and most recently, his photo essay about his travels during the summer of 2010 titled "The Journey of So Ji-sub" is receiving inquiries from overseas.
The 47th Daejong Film Awards, held from September 25 to 30 this year, will feature various movie events such as first-hand experiences with cinema effects, an exhibition of old movie signs, a cultural music festival and screenings of Korean films "Secret Reunion" and "Barefoot Dream".
The awards ceremony will take place on October 29 at Kyunghee Uinversity.
So is one of the most popular actors in Korea and has appeared in numerous TV dramas and movies since his debut in 1995.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
BoA to release teaser video for new album on Monday
Album cover of BoA's repackaged sixth album "COPY&PASTE" [SM Entertainment] Korean pop sensat,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.