Korean actor Song Il-gook [Asia Economic Daily]
Korean actor Song Il-gook will be attending a state dinner today held in honor of Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev's visit to Korea.
The actor -- who rose to fame in 2006 thru MBC TV series "Jumong" -- was invited to the presidential event, which will take place at the Blue House this evening.
"I heard that the viewership rating for 'Jumong' reached as high as 80 percent in Kazakhstan when it aired from December 2008 thru April 2009", a source close to the actor was quoted as saying. "The Kazakhstan president was very interested in the show so naturally, Song Il-gook was invited to the dinner".
Song, 38, is the son of veteran Korean actress Kim Eul-dong and has appeared in numerous television dramas including "Emperor of The Sea" (KBS, 2004), "Lobbyist" (SBS, 2007) and "Land of wind" (KBS2, 2009).
Reporter : Kang Seung-hun tarophine@
Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
KBS televised music show "Music Bank" cancelled again
VJs of the televised music program "Music Bank" [KBS] KBS' televised music program "Music Bank" ,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.