Members of a Taiwanese volunteer organization have arrived in South Korea and are part of a growing number of MICE tours visiting the nation.
The MICE tours, which stands for Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions, are increasingly attracting more foreigners to South Korea.
The generally large tour groups are brought together for a specific purpose, such as a meeting, reward trip, or a convention held by a foreign business or organizations.
The roughly 30 member group from Taiwan chose South Korea as a venue for a celebration marking their organization's founding anniversary.
After wrapping up its official schedule, the group will go to see the famous Korean nonverbal performance "Nanta".
An average MICE tourist spends roughly two-point-seven million won at South Korean popular tourist attractions, such as the shopping district Myeongdong or Nami Island.
Roughly 600-thousand foreigners are expected to visit South Korea on MICE tours this year.
Reported by KBS WORLD Radio
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/New...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Improved Tourism Policies for 2012
We visited a homestay house that provides lodging for Chinese and Taiwanese tourists. Homestays for foreign visitors are usually provided in apartment buildings or individual houses. To reduce any inconveniences that may arise due to run-down facilities or language barriers, local governments have,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.