The nation's three major terrestrial broadcasters, KBS, MBC and SBS, have decided to respond sternly to the suspension of transmission of the broadcasters' programs by cable TV operators.
The Korean Broadcasters Association (KBA), an organization of the three terrestrial broadcasters, on Tuesday held an emergency meeting and decided that it will respond strongly to any disruptions to its broadcasting.
The association said that cable TV operators unilaterally suspended the transmission when talks on transmission fees are still under way. The association said the suspension is a collective act of holding the viewers as hostage and that the broadcasters cannot accept any acts that violates the viewers' rights.
Cable TV operators on Monday stopped airing programs from KBS2 TV after failing to reach an agreement with terrestrial broadcasters over transmission fees.
Reported by KBS WORLD Radio
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/New...
Older : Jo joins 'Doctor Zhivago'
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
KBS 2 programs back to airing
By Kim Tae-jong Cable TV operators and terrestrial broadcasters reached an agreement on retransmission fees Tuesday, allowing viewers to again watch KBS 2 programs. The agreement put an end to years of conflict between the two sides. Before the agreement, cable TV operators refused to retransmit b,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.