Testament to the growing influence of K-pop in Southeast Asia, Nichkhun, the sole Thai member of Korean boy band 2PM, picked up the top honor at the Kingdom's Kerd Awards on Friday, the band's agency JYP Entertainment said on Tuesday.
The Kerd Awards, hosted by famous Thai entertainer Woody, fete those personalities considered most influential over the last year. The winners are chosen by fans, who can vote by sending text messages.
The awards are divided into eight categories, including one for the most generous celebrity and another for the best comedian, with the top honor, which Nichkhun clinched, dubbed "Kerd of the Year".
In his acceptance speech, the singer said, "I will try harder not to let everyone down".
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week