The movie "The Handmaiden" topped the charts on its first day of release.
According to the Korean Film Council, "The Handmaiden" rounded up a total of 289,424 on the 1st of June. The accumulated number is expected to be around 301,192.
"The Handmaiden" is based on the Japanese Invasion in the 1930s about a lady named Hideko (Kim Min-hee) who inherits a fortune from her parents, a servant named Sook-hee (Kim Tae-ri), a fraud and count (Ha Jung-woo) and the lady's guardian (Cho Jin-woong). It is directed by the infamous Park Chan-wook.
Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...Copy & paste guideline for this article
""The Handmaiden" brings in 290,000 in one day"
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work from this source
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Jeon Ji-hyeon VS Lee Na-young, goddesses who became mothers
Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Na-young are actresses who are now mothers and they finally made a public ap,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.