Korean action movie "The Man From Nowhere" [CJ Entertainment]
Korean action flick "The Man From Nowhere" made its debut atop local box office charts during the weekend of August 6 to 8, pushing Hollywood pic "Salt" down the charts.
According to the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) on Monday, "Man", which opened in local theaters on August 4, attracted 702,631 moviegoers, which amounts to 5.4 billion won, over the weekend.
"Man", starring Korean actor Won Bin and child actress Kim Sae-ron, is about a reclusive man named Tae-shik (Won Bin), a former special agent who runs a pawn shop and befriends So-mi (Kim), the young girl next door.
Meanwhile, Hollywood thriller "Inception", starring Leonardo DiCaprio, held onto the No. 2 spot on box office charts, selling 610,835 tickets, while previous No. 1 film "Salt" starring Angelina Jolie slipped two spots with 470,392 viewers.
Newly released animated Pixar film "Toy Story 3" and dance flick "Step Up 3-D" entered the charts in fourth and fifth place with 429,983 and 197,801 admissions, respectively.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Lee Seung-gi: 'I Never Act on Entertainment Programs'
Singer and actor Lee Seung-gi, who has become the most wanted person by appearing both on entertai,...More
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.