According to the setting that he is an alien on Earth who's lived for 400 years, Kim Soo-hyun shows his superpowers any time he wants. He teleports and even stops time. The scenes where everyone else in the background is not moving but Kim Soo-hyun alone does, makes one wonder.
The production crew uses a technique called 'time slice' to create this effect.
Sixty small cameras are used. A type of camcorder called Gopro is set up at a 180 degree angle and films the stationary characters from various angles. Then the background is cut out and made into a panorama form. The scene on the camera is made of 39 frames per second. If 360 frames are expanded and divided, the scene can be made to look slow. If the frames are reduced, then it will seem faster. The scene is completed by sticking a hundred or so scenes together. Additional computer graphics then create the entire scene.
"My Love from the Star" added reality to the drama by using HD cameras for the first time in Korean drama.
Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...Copy & paste guideline for this article
"The secret behind "My Love from the Star""
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work from this source
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
[Video] Added Korean drama 'The Prime Minister and I' episode 13
Added episode 13 for the Korean drama 'The Prime Minister and I' Watch on DramaFever,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.