Tiffany from girl group Girls' Generation showcased her transition from K-pop poster girl to musical actress on Monday at a media preview for the musical "Fame" held at Dongsoong Art Center in Jongno, Seoul.
In the award-winning musical about a group of aspiring dancers, which will run at a theater in Seoul from Nov. 25 until Jan. 29, Tiffany plays the role of a young woman who hopes to rise to stardom by working tirelessly on her craft at a performing arts school.
Super Junior's Eun-hyuk and ex-g.o.d member Son Ho-young are also part of the star-studded cast.
Tiffany said her real-life rehearsal regime mirrored the strenuous efforts of the character she is portraying. "I had to rehearse non-stop for 12 hours with the other actors, which is something I rarely if ever had to do when going through our routines and songs as a member of Girls' Generation", she said.
"My primary goal on the stage is to interact with the audience. I will do my best to get ready for this role despite my busy schedule as I'm lucky to be cast in a musical that is so close to my heart", she added.
Tae-yeon and Jessica, two other Girls' Generation members who made their debuts in other musicals earlier, advised her about the importance of staying focused and disciplined at rehearsals to succeed at the challenging art form, she said.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.