Korean action film "Troubleshooter" [Next Entertainment World]
Korean action movie tentatively titled "Troubleshooter" took the No. 1 spot on the local box office over the weekend, pushing down five-week winner "The Man From Nowhere" to third place during the third week of September.
According to the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) on Monday, "Troubleshooter", which opened in local theaters on September 9, came in first place, attracting 540,239 moviegoers for the weekend of September 10 to 12.
"Troubleshooter", starring Seol Kyeong-gu and Lee Jeong-jin, is about a Private Eye named Kang Tae-sik (Seol) who becomes a prime suspect in a serial murder case that he is investigating. He has to clear his name with the help of a highly skilled computer programmer Ku Bon-Chi (played by Park Yeong-seo) while trying to escape the trap made by a troubleshooter (Lee).
Meanwhile, Japanese animation flick "The Borrowers", helmed by famed Japanese director Hiromasa Yonebayashi, entered the charts in second place bringing in 397,714 viewers, while former winner "The Man From Nowhere" dropped two spots to No. 3, selling 227,563 tickets.
Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
"Bread, Love and Dreams" celebrates 11th win on weekly TV charts
Korean actor Yoon Si-yoon from the No. 1 show in the country "Bread, Love and Dreams" [KBS] KBS b,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.