Having never been exposed to a Korean rapper, DumbfounDead was met with skeptism, followed by being impressed. Originally from Koreatown in L.A., Park Sung-man is an Argentine-American rapper known for his affiliation with the hip hop group Project Blowed. He's participated in world rap championships and opened for South Korea's, Epik High.
This EP is a very solid offering to rap fans, with easy flows and honest lyrics. Romance is a constant theme, coinciding with its Valentine's Day release. "For You", just under two minutes, is a lyrical story about his sexual adventures and all whom have broken his heart: nothing revolutionary, but relatable. "Love Everyday" continues his laid-back style, as he talks about how love is a full-time job, worthy of daily celebration – not just Valentine's Day. "Stole The Show" is the club song that most rap albums have, about a beautiful girl who commands the room's attention when she enters. "Body High" is a cliché stoner song, yet my favorite song on the EP. It's a mellow beat replete, with weed terminology and a catchy beat. The EP ends with "Not Right Now" and "Breezy Lovejoy": both nice songs, but nothing amazing.
As a big rap fan, I enjoy very solid albums because I know that I won't be disappointed. A hit single may not be present, but neither is mediocrity. DumbfounDead is legitimate, but only time will tell if he ever makes it big time.
By: Jorge Toro
Reviewer score: 7 of 10
Album: Love Everyday
* Taken from "Unscene Magazine". If you have any comments, concerns or are looking to contribute an article, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the appropriate editor. Letters to the editor can also be sent to email@example.com.
Source : www.un-scenemag.com/d...Copy & paste guideline for this article
"[UNSCENE MAGAZINE] DumbFoundDead: Love Everyday EP"
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work from this source
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Recent books : Doing Business With Koreans, Knowing Korea Will Guarantee Half of the Success for Your Business
Chaiy Seo-il; Okdang Books; 255 pp., 15,000 won Failing to understand other cultures may lead to ,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Movie of the week