Changdeokgung Palace is one of the five grand palaces built during Korea's ancient Joseon Dynasty which lasted for more than five hundred years since the early 15th century.
The royal palace, situated in downtown Seoul, spreads across some 450 thousand square meters.
[Reporter : Park Ji-won firstname.lastname@example.org] "And at this Unesco-designated world heritage site, late-night tours of the palace are scheduled to take place up to 5 times every month, until October".
Jointly organized by the Cultural Heritage Administration and the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation, the nocturnal tours of the palace are slated to be held only on full moon nights.
That's why this special program is dubbed as "Moonlight Trail of Changdeokgung".
About one hundred and fifty people who registered in advance got the chance to appreciate the beauty of Korea's traditional royal architecture under the moonlight.
The palace also boasts sophisticated landscapes, which are well-known for their peaceful balance with nature.
[Interview : Sarah Ssyer, Tourist from Britain] "I love seeing the King's library in the moonlight, seeing it reflected in the lake. That was beautiful with music in the background. That was lovely".
[Interview : Mark Ssyer, Tourist from Britain] "I think the moon gate, that was very lovely".
Those who want to join this late-night stroll at the royal palace, can register online or through telephone.
Park Ji-won, Arirang News
Website : http://eng.cdg.go.kr/main/main.htm
Source : www.arirang.co.kr/New...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.