This is a question that could get things pretty ugly amongh k-pop girl group fans, but here goes: who's the best singer among female idol groups?
According to an online community board posting, the topic of "Ranking of girl group idols with the best vocal talent" was raised. This posting attracted all the more attention because three industry/professional experts claimed to have taken part in the rankings.
There was a systematic standard involving detailed scoring and various factors to derive these rankings. Some of these factors included television and radio appearances, stage presence, lyrical expression, pitch, voice stability, breathing, and a sense of rhythm. All in all, it wasn't just vocal talent that came into play, whether or not the stars could express their music in their own style in line with their respective groups was taken into account.
Out of all the female group stars, Hyolyn of SISTAR came in first with 380 points. Davichi's Lee Hae-ri followed, with Brown Eyed Girls' Jea coming in third. Although she's a solo artist, IU came in fourth place, while Girls Generation's Taeyeon rounded out the top five.
Source : english.kbs.co.kr/Ent...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.